St. Louis, King of France Parish
St. Louis, King of France Parish’s church, rectory, and grade school border on the colorful and bustling town square in the heart of Mirebalais. The town of Mirebalais, founded in 1703, is located 38 miles northeast of Port au Prince and has a population of approximately 132,000 people. With the opening of the new Partners in Health teaching hospital in 2013 the city continues to grow.
In 2011, Father Leveque Bien-Amie became pastor and administrator of St. Louis King of France parish and the four chapels of Feja, Desvarieux, Coupe Gorge, and Noyau. Following the appointment of a new Bishop to the Diocese of Hinche (Jean Desinord, in April 2016), three of Father Leveque’s chapels were combined to form a new parish and placed under the guidance of another priest. Father Leveque continues to pastor the people of St. Louis Parish, the chapel community of Noyau, and has gained a second chapel, Boyer, in addition to being named as the Vicar of Priests for the Diocese of Hinche. Father Leveque is also working with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation to receive a funding grant to build a new high school in Mirebalais.