Special notice: Scholarships for Teacher Certification If you attend school in Haiti, you can teach grades up to the level you attained. Therefore if someone attended school up to through the fourth grade, s/he can teach 1st, 2nd , 3rd and 4th grade without having any teacher training. Since our goal is to support quality education at Monsignor Remy Augustin High School and Our Lady of Deliverance grade school, HHH has provided scholarships for three students selected by Father Romel to attend the normal school. After three years they will graduate with their Teacher certification and return to teach in Father Romel’s parish schools. This fall our scholarship students will enter their final year and are looking forward to graduating in the spring. Please see “Member Reflections” for a recent letter from one of the students.
Hands and Hearts with Haiti is a united, multi parish partnership rooted in mutual trust and respect. Together we seek beneficial, self-sustainable opportunities that best meet the needs of our brothers and sisters of St. Louis Parish, Mirebalais, its chapel communities, and all members of this partnership.
- Assist St. Louis Parish and chapel communities in providing ministries and worship that are meaningful for the community.
- Assist Pastor in establishing Catholic Primary Schools to serve the children of the rural chapels.
- Help create and support agricultural programs that assist families economically and lead to self sufficiency.
- Help provide a variety of clean water systems to serve both small municipalities, individual families and schools.
- Support the parish ministries by collecting, shipping and distributing items requested.
- Develop relationships that mutually work at understanding and respecting cultural differences.
- Continue to support the projects of St. Louis Parish, Mirebalais, and chapel communities through fundraising efforts.
Multiple parishes make up Hands and Hearts with Haiti. Click each parish’s name below to learn more.
- Church of the Assumption, Broadview Hts, Ohio
- St. Louis, King of France Parish (Chapels of Noyau and Boyer), Mirebalais, Haiti
Our Haitian Team
Click on each member’s photo to learn more about our team and their work in Haiti.
We proudly introduce Vivaldie Wilberthe Marseille, Community Development Manager, who joined us in 2020.