Please read the Christmas 2021 Appeal letter from Fr. Romel and consider a donation on the Donations tab. Hello to all of you who are reading these paragraphs. As we are already in December, I can start to wish you Joueux Noel 2021! Merry Christmas! I’m happy because probably I must be the first to wish you. I am Fr. Romel Eustache, parish priest of St. Louis de Mirebalais. I want to thank you all for all that you have done good, good, great and beautiful to support out brothers and sisters in Haiti. I especially thank each member of HHH from Wisconsin and Ohio for the donation of their dedicated person in Haiti. I thank them very deeply for each time they choose to defend Haiti which suffers a lot. We have had a terrible situation in Haiti for the past few years. Insecurity, injustice, impunity and misery reign supreme. The situation is unbearable. I was able from these events to measure the shock absorption capacity of the Haitian people. We are a very resilient people because otherwise Haiti would have to collapse under such pressures. We are approaching Christmas and many families are starving and seeking help in our hands. Many children are unable to pay the contribution they have to pay for their education. Many peasants who are looking for a better life leave the countryside and arrive empty handed in Mirebalais without knowing how they are going to live and they come to seek help from the parish. If you hear the voice of God asking you in the name of Christian charity to help and run to the aid of these people in difficulty, do not hesitate! God bless you! Father Romel Eustache
Hands and Hearts with Haiti is a united, multi parish partnership rooted in mutual trust and respect. Together we seek beneficial, self-sustainable opportunities that best meet the needs of our brothers and sisters of St. Louis Parish, Mirebalais, its chapel communities, and all members of this partnership.
- Assist St. Louis Parish and chapel communities in providing ministries and worship that are meaningful for the community.
- Assist Pastor in establishing Catholic Primary Schools to serve the children of the rural chapels.
- Help create and support agricultural programs that assist families economically and lead to self sufficiency.
- Help provide a variety of clean water systems to serve both small municipalities, individual families and schools.
- Support the parish ministries by collecting, shipping and distributing items requested.
- Develop relationships that mutually work at understanding and respecting cultural differences.
- Continue to support the projects of St. Louis Parish, Mirebalais, and chapel communities through fundraising efforts.
Multiple parishes make up Hands and Hearts with Haiti. Click each parish’s name below to learn more.
- Church of the Assumption, Broadview Hts, Ohio
- St. Louis, King of France Parish (Chapels of Noyau and Boyer), Mirebalais, Haiti
Our Haitian Team
Click on each member’s photo to learn more about our team and their work in Haiti.
We proudly introduce Vivaldie Wilberthe Marseille, Community Development Manager, who joined us in 2020.